The care and protection of children, young people and vulnerable adults involved in Church activities is the responsibility of the whole Church. Everyone who participates in the life of the Church has a role to play in promoting a safer Church for all.
If you are concerned that someone you know is at risk or is being abused or presents risks to others, please seek advice from St. Michael and all Angels Parish Safeguarding Officers or the Vicar. Our safeguarding policy is here – Parish Safeguarding Policy Jan 2019.
- Fran Botley – mobile phone 07876080739
- Jenny Pringle-Kanga mobile phone 07443565155
- Vicar: Sandy Christie 0208852 5287
- Greg Smye-Rumsby, Church warden – 07764751490
- Russ PK, Church warden – 02088521205
- Timmy, Curate – 02036737595
Diocesan Safeguarding Adviser:
Hugh Constant – further details here
Tel. 020 3874 6743
The current edition of A Safe Church can be found by clicking here.
In the case of an emergency contact the police on 999 or Children and Adult Services as appropriate.
For children and vulnerable adults living in the borough of Greenwich contact:
- Royal Borough of Greenwich – emergency duty team out of hours 0208854 8888
- Children: referral team 02089213171
- Adult Social Care Safeguarding vulnerable adults: 0208921 2304
For children and vulnerable adults living in the borough of Lewisham contact:
- Children Social Care –Multi-Agency Safeguarding Hub 0208 8314 6660
- Adult Social Care 0208 314 7777
- Out of hours 0208 314 6000
Here are contact details of other agencies that are able to assist either on a 24 hour basis or through specialist helplines and services.
- NSPCC Child Protection Helpline 0808 800 5000
- Child Line 0800 1111
- National Domestic Violence Helpline 0800 2000 247
- Samaritans Helpline 116123
- Action on Elder Abuse Helpline 0800 8808 8141